Thursday, March 1, 2007

collecting data and some more bits

We have collected questionnaires from 4 days of fieldwork so far, that means we have just over one hundred in so far.

I suddenly realized that we have not yet put a system in place for data capturing! To me 1000 questionnaires consisting of about 40 questions each is quite a bit! Especially since we want to ask field related questions like for example:

One question asks about the experience of men at a clinic, another asks about the area where they had a HIV test and another checks their age category.

I would like to ask a question like: How do younger men aged 25-30 get treated at clinics in Makhaza?

So the data software needs to cross check all three fields.

I'm not familiar enough with access or other database stuff, so I've put out a request for help!

Thank you for those who have made such useful suggestions so far,

I am also depending on our M + E department, our manager mentioned he might be able to design something.

Then I will dedicate one of my office staff to the task of capturing 60 questionnaires a day!

The survey questionnaires coming in so far reflect fascinating answers, a man would admit he does not know the difference between HIV and AIDS, He has never been tested, but he knows his HIV status.

Some of the MC answers are also incredibly useful in showing us how traditional initiation can assist in prevention of HIV.

I can't wait to collate and look at the final data!

No comments: